weberstateuniversity

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자랙서스 조회 0회 작성일 2021-06-10 20:06:57 댓글 0

본문

Understanding the Tesla Model S Front Motor

Join me for another deep dive to see the details of the 17,500 RPM front motor and drive unit from a 2014-2018 Tesla Model S AWD. See all four motor rotors from the Tesla Model S and Model 3. The video is divided into four sections showing: 1. The motor and gears. 2. The high-performance bearings. 3. The lubrication system. and 4. The electrical system.

TIMELINE:
0:00 Start
0:11 Model S, X, and 3 electric motor combinations
1:30 RWD Model S and X motors
1:37 AWD Model S and X motors
1:54 Performance AWD Model S and X motors
2:28 RWD and AWD Model 3 motors
3:10 MUST SEE Close up photos of all four motors
3:44 Video Section 1 - Gears and Rotor
3:56 Gear housing components
4:49 Comparison of differential with a rear performance motor
5:53 MUST SEE Why are the bearings and gears so big?
7:36 The front differential case speed at 250 km/h (155 mph) = 1877 RPM
7:54 MUST SEE Different tire sizes and different gear ratios
9:00 Installation of the front differential case with a 79 tooth ring gear
9:22 The Counter Shaft with 21 pinion gear teeth. 79/21 = 3.7619:1 Gear ratio from countershaft to the differential case
10:41 The countershaft speed at 250 km/h (155 mph) = 7063 RPM
11:08 The motor rotor shaft and drive gear with 31 teeth
11:35 MUST SEE Comparison of the front rotor to the rear performance rotor
12:56 Maximum torque at a vehicle speed comparison
15:36 Motor rotor speed sensor and reluctor wheel
16:15 Special high-speed deep groove rotor bearings from the SKF Group (skf.com)
16:49 MUST SEE SKF Ceramic Bearing (Silicon Nitride) on the rotor
17:43 The rotor is in a wet environment and cooled by the transmission fluid
18:33 MUST SEE Rotor shaft grounding rings with conductive filaments from (AEGIS?)
19:37 Shaft grounding protects bearings from damage from electrical current
20:10 The Rotor Shaft with 31 gear teeth drives the 77 tooth counter gear. 77/31 = 2.4839:1 Gear ratio.
20:52 See all three gears in the reduction gearbox with an overall gear reduction of (79/21) x (77/31) = 9.3441:1
21:26 The differential and the axle half shaft and jackshaft to reduce torque steer
22:23 Video Section 2 - Specialized Bearings
22:58 How Tesla run bearings at higher speeds than their limiting speeds with lubrication
23:07 Video Section 3 - Specialized Lubrication for bearings
23:34 The 20 tooth oil pump gear is overdriven by the differential ring gear 20/79 = 0.2531:1 gear ratio (3.95 times faster than the ring gear)
24:18 The transmission fluid drain and fill plugs
24:39 The fluid refill procedure
25:45 MUST SEE The proper fluids for the front-drive unit (Mobile SHC 629 and Dexron VI)
28:00 The path of the pressurized transmission fluid to six destinations
28:09 1. Lubrication and cooling to the motor gear and conductive bearing
29:08 2. Through the fluid-to-coolant heat exchanger to remove or add heat
31:04 3. Cool fluid is sprayed on the stator frame and right side windings for cooling through a sparge pipe
32:24 4. Cool fluid is sprayed on the non-conductive bearing and the right side of the rotor
32:58 5. Cool fluid is dripped on the stator frame and left side windings
32:47 6. Cool fluid is sprayed on the left side of the rotor
33:48 Transmission fluid fill capacities
34:42 Video Section 4 - Electrical Components
34:50 MUST SEE The three-phase, four-pole, 48 slot stator
35:55 The milli-ohm resistance of the stator windings with a Hioki RM3548 Resistance Meter
36:48 High-Performance induction motors versus high-efficiency Internal Permanent Magnet Synchronous Reluctance Motors (IPM-SynRM)
39:30 The inverter and its connection to the stator
41:42 The stator temperature sensor
42:40 How the stator frame is mounted with the stator housing
45:02 Additional EV training opportunities at https://www.weber.edu/evtraining
45:18 Thank you for your donations

ABOUT US
Weber State University (WSU) Davis Campus - Automotive Technology Department - Advanced Vehicles Lab. A technical description and operational demonstration of the Tesla Model S Front Drive Unit (FDU).

We teach current vehicle technologies to our automotive students at Weber State University and online. For more information visit: http://www.weber.edu/automotive

This video was created and edited by Professor John D. Kelly at WSU. For a full biography, see http://www.weber.edu/automotive/J_Kelly.html

Visit my other youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/vibratesoftware to see the amazing NVH app for vibration diagnosis!

ADDITIONAL TRAINING FOR YOU
Join us for hybrid and electric vehicle training with two online courses and in a 5-day on-campus boot camp with Professor John D. Kelly. See http://www.weber.edu/evtraining

DONATE TO OUR DEPARTMENT
Please consider a donation to the Department of Automotive Technology at Weber State University here: http://advancement.weber.edu/Automotive
mexic0 : most cars use tapered roller bearings on diferential, strange to see ball bearings used here, not as good for side forces.
William Jeffery : Like to start by saying,  how much I enjoy your videos. Professionally done and extremely informative.  I am desperately trying to find out some information on Tesla large motor unit. I am hoping you could find the time to help me.

Could you please tell me the weight of motor only , with no gears, or inverter. Just the weight of motor housing, stator, rotor, and rear motor plate. I will not use gear reduction and will be mounting inverter in a different location. 

I need this information to get weight and balance correct for my project. It is very vital info. Your help would be greatly appreciated.  Look forward from hearing from you.

Thanks William
GHOOGLEMALE : Great video, although I did think it 1.06585432 seconds too long on motor, rotor, descriptions...
Noguffay : Just out of curiosity, I noticed the discoloration of the metal surrounding the front motor rotor. It looks to have seen some heavy heating. Is this a normal discoloration for these induction rotors (front or rear)? Is it possible that this rotor saw abnormal heating?
Noguffay : I'm also very curious as to know how the transmission fluid used to cool the stator and rotor do not accidentally cause shorting, either through a possible inherent conductiveness or through picking up microscopic metal particles. I know that all windings are shielded with an enamel coating, but there does seem to be some risk involved in coating an active high voltage and high amperage electric motor with any type of liquids. It just seems risky.

Understanding the Tesla Model S Power Electronic Components

Join me on a journey through 74 feet (22.56 meters) of high voltage cable through 10 different power electronics components of a 2015 and later Tesla Model S AWD.

TIMELINE:
0:10 Introduction
0:50 Model S cables and common components
1:16 MUST SEE Orange cable core and shielding
2:38 Common component 1 - The Charge Receptacle
4:00 The charge receptacle cable size (50 sq mm) compared to the Tesla Model 3 cable size (95 sq mm)
6:12 Common component 2 - The On-Board Charger Module (48A 11.52 kW)
7:48 Single Phase or three-phase power input ports
10:10 The Interlock circuit
11:50 See the internal parts and connections of the on-board charger
12:28 MUST SEE The AC power input path through the on-board charger
12:55 AC voltage needs to be boosted to ~400V
13:39 The DC power output path through the on-board charger
14:10 The DC power input path through the on-board charger
14:32 The DC contactors used when supercharging the battery
15:47 A Safety Warning that should have been at the start of the video
16:54 The DC output from the on-board charger
17:26 Common component 3 - The Rapid Splitter (Front Junction Box)
17:50 The connection to the high voltage battery through the rapid splitter
18:22 The function and internal connections of the Rapid splitter
22:20 The position of the Rapid Splitter in the vehicle under the rear seat
22:50 Common component 4 - The rear motor inverter
24:54 Summary of the high voltage components in the rear of the vehicle
25:48 MUST SEE Pyrofuse Pack battery cable tag and pyrotechnic fuse
26:22 The standard 1300 amp fuse
26:40 The 2000 amp pyrotechnic fuse and its internal components
30:30 Why the battery fuse is needed
31:45 The high voltage components and cables at the rear of the vehicle
32:28 Common component 5 - The High Power Distribution Module (HPDM) (Front junction block)
33:20 See the four internal fuses and circuit board inside the HPDM
34:22 Another Interlock switch
34:48 The battery coolant heater control circuit
35:48 The high voltage connections from the Rapid Splitter to the HPDM
36:49 Common component 6 - The front motor inverter
38:17 The NVH Mat covering the front Drive Unit and motor
39:55 Common component 7 - The electric air-conditioning compressor (40A Fuse)
41:23 Common component 8 - The 2500 Watt DC to DC converter (30 A Fuse)
42:05 DC to DC converter output of 178 amps at 14 volts
43:03 the DC to DC converter charges the 12V battery
44:16 Common component 9 - The high voltage battery coolant heater (30 A Fuse controlled)
46:18 Common component 10 - The Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) Cabin Air Heater (40A Fuse)
48:18 The high voltage components and cables at the front of the vehicle
49:29 Almost all Electric Vehicles (EV) have the same common components shown in this video
50:39 Additional EV training is available for you.
51:12 Wrap up and summary

ABOUT US
Weber State University (WSU) Davis Campus - Automotive Technology Department - Advanced Vehicles Lab. A technical description and demonstration of the Tesla Model S Power Electronics cables and components. We teach current vehicle technologies to our automotive students at Weber State University and online. For more information visit: http://www.weber.edu/automotive

This video was created and edited by Professor John D. Kelly at WSU. For a full biography, see http://www.weber.edu/automotive/J_Kelly.html

Visit my other youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/vibratesoftware to see the amazing NVH app for vibration diagnosis!

Join us for hybrid and electric vehicle training with two online courses and in a 5-day on-campus boot camp with Professor John D. Kelly. See http://www.weber.edu/evtraining

DONATE TO OUR DEPARTMENT
Please consider a donation to the Department of Automotive Technology at Weber State University here: http://advancement.weber.edu/Automotive
Torntoad T. Horntoad III : I think Elon Musk has everything worked out. By the time that converting to electric cars has destroyed our planet, we can move to Mars.
hexdude24 : Do you have a resource or video of the coolant system running through these components and the battery?
Suvendu Parida : great video.......thank u sir....
love from INDIA......
Devin Bartley : Most of our fathers generation know the basics of how a complicated internal combusion engine works, now its our turn to learn about electric motors.
Gniewny Mędrzec : 33:38 So if those fuses blow up, you have to disassemble half of the car to replace it? Well, it sucks... One box with most fuses sound better to me than dozen of them hidden here and there.

Understanding the Tesla Model S Performance Motor

Join me for a deep dive into the details of the 18,000 RPM performance rear motor and drive unit from a 2015-2016 Tesla Model S P90D. This drive unit is similar to the one used in the 2017-2020 P100D. The video is divided into four sections showing: 1. The motor and gears. 2. The high-performance bearings. 3. The lubrication system. and 4. The cooling system.

CORRECTIONS:
Thank you to everyone for catching my errors. There are always errors ;)
1. The Nissan Leaf ring gear is held on with 8 bolts, not 6.
2. The fluid in this drive unit is Dexron 6 transmission fluid.
3. Induction motor rotors do not have poles, just the stator. The 60 slot stator has four poles.
4. Silicon Nitride is a ceramic material.

TIMELINE:
0:10 Introduction
1:35 Gearbox housing
2:10 Video Section 1 - Gears and Motor Rotor
2:45 The giant differential ring gear with 16-bolts!
4:20 The giant differential case bearings
4:50 The differential case speed at 250 km/h (155 mph) = 1841 RPM
5:15 MUST SEE Comparing the Tesla 213mm x 50mm. ring gear to a Chevrolet Bolt EV and Nissan Leaf EV
5:40 A Chevrolet Bolt EV differential 198mm x 34.3mm ring gear with 12-bolts.
6:10 A Nissan Leaf EV differential 200mm x 32mm ring gear with 8-bolts!
7:30 The Counter Shaft (Jack Shaft) with 25 pinion gear teeth. 78/25 = 3.12:1 Gear ratio from countershaft to the differential case
8:50 The countershaft speed at 250 km/h (155 mph) = 5743 RPM
9:30 The motor shaft with 25 teeth drives 78 teeth on the countershaft for another gear reduction of 78/25 = 3.12:1
10:08 The motor shaft speed at 250 km/h (155 mph) = 17,919 RPM
11:20 See all three gears in the reduction gearbox with an overall gear reduction of (78/25) x (78/25) = 9.7344:1
12:05 MUST SEE The AC Induction Motor Rotor with 74 bars
13:25 Motor specifications for power, torque, and gear ratio
15:00 MUST SEE Ceramic Bearings (Silicon Nitride) on the rotor from the SKF Group (skf.com)
16:22 MUST SEE Close up view of silicon nitride bearing
18:20 The motor rotor speed sensor reluctor wheel (tone ring)
19:22 Must SEE The rotor installed on the drive gear and the functioning gearbox
20:18 Video Section 2 - Specialized Bearings
21:21 The 60 slot four-pole stator and housing
23:05 The oil pump and how it is overdriven by the differential ring gear 23/78 = 0.2948:1 gear ratio (3.339 times faster than the ring gear)
23:55 MUST SEE The function of the oil pump (it may surprise you)
26:27 Motor shaft bearing reference speed and limiting speeds
27:30 How to run bearings at higher speeds than their limiting speeds
29:54 Video Section 3 - Lubrication
30:25 Drain and fill plug locations
30:50 Gearbox vent and inverter vents
31:05 Sport model label
31:39 MUST SEE Four different sealed areas in the drive unit
32:46 Video Section 4 - Cooling System
33:30 MUST SEE The coolant inlet port and the two paths coolant takes
33:53 Up for rotor cooling and gearbox cooling
35:03 Down for stator and inverter cooling
36:05 Coolant from the rotor moves to the gearbox heat exchanger and the outlet port
37:25 Stator temperature sensors
38:10 Coolant from the stator to the inverter coolant passages
38:28 Stator coolant temperature sensor
38:35 MUST SEE Insulated-Gate Bi-Polar Transistor (IGBT) module coolant passages and flow through gearbox passages
40:34 Inverter coolant outlet temperature sensor
40:45 The gearbox oil-to-coolant heat exchanger
41:38 Coolant outlet port to coolant pump and on-board charger module under the back seat.
41:55 Drive unit cooling system summary
43:04 IGBT inverter modules installed and inverter cover
43:40 High voltage battery cable connections and low voltage connections at the inverter
44:35 Video summary

ABOUT US
Weber State University (WSU) Davis Campus - Automotive Technology Department - Advanced Vehicles Lab. A technical description and demonstration of the Tesla P90D Rear Drive Unit (RDU). We teach current vehicle technologies to our automotive students at Weber State University and online. For more information visit: http://www.weber.edu/automotive

DONATE TO OUR DEPARTMENT
Snake Plissken : Command Aircraft used those bearings since the 1990’s I actually machined those bearings. What’s crazy they don’t use lube.
Rupert Herzog : Since this is not internal combustion there is no need for muffler bearings (lol). Very interesting video and amazing how much hp is made from such a small package.
Denis Palmer : 9.7344 to 1 not 97334 to one but good info
Naughtystimpy : 6:14 This guy can't even count to 8
Griffen Sander : This was magnificent! Excellent job!

#weberstateuniversity

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

전체 3,235건 1 페이지
게시물 검색
Copyright © www.xn--392bl3la161bba70rgyq.com. All rights reserved.  Contact : help@oxmail.xyz